FMCC Webinar review: “Efficient Repair, Renovation, and Sustainability Project Delivery Methods”
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Recorded on July 24, 2014
Slides will be available soon in the members area on the FMCC website
Date: 24 Jul, 2014
Presenter: Peter Nicoals Cholakis
FMCC Webinar: “Efficient Repair, Renovation, and Sustainability Project Delivery Methods” Overview: The efficient life-cycle management of the built environment is a virtual mandate for most facility Owners due to environmental and economic drivers. Surprising few Owners however realized the importance of collaborative construction delivery methods such as Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), Job Order Contracting (JOC), and Public Private Partnerships (PPP). Instead, Owners continue with ad-hoc and antagonistic processes such as design-bid-build.
- Any major improvement must be driven by Owners(or regulatory mandate) -Owners pay the bills.
- As long as Owners remain satisfied with the status quo and/or remain unaware/uneducated with respect to improvement methods, lean management processes, and supporting technologies, economic and environmental waste will continue to be rampant.
- Core understanding of fundamental built environment life-cycle management (BLM) principles and practices remains limited.
- U.S. BLM knowledge began within the DoDsector, followed by higher education, healthcare and process-based industry.
- Importance and currently available collaborative project delivery methods
- Description of key characteristics of a collaborative project delivery method
- Roles of Owners, AE’s, Contractors
Importance of standardized information and process-centric technology
Follow FMCC on social media:
Facility Repair, Renovation, Sustainability, JOC, SABER, IPD, MATOC, SATOC, MAC, POCA, BOA
New Venture Leadership/Growth – Building Information Management, Strategic Capital Planning and Management, High Performance Buildings and Analytics, Lifecycle Costing, Total Cost of Ownership, Real Property Management, Facility Condition Assessment
- Chief Marketing Officer for 4Clicks Solutions (www.4clicks.com), leading provider of cost estimating and project management software and solutions to the DOD Sector, and software provider for RSMeansJOCWorks.
- Former Senior Consultant for RS Means / Reed Business Information –Strategic partnering with BIM and cost estimating software OEMs as well as large end users.
- Established VFA as thought leader in the facilities consulting and condition assessment industry.
- Defined the CPMS (Capital Planning and Management Solutions) strategic concept effectively bringing it to a market that VFA dominated for years including the higher education and government segments
- Exceptional domain knowledge and expertise in facilities lifecycle costs and total cost of ownership applicable to various market segments including corporate and healthcare
- Seminal thinker on TCO (total cost of ownership) applicable to construction and facilities industry associations including FFC, APPA, NASFA and IFMA
The webinar was brought to you by Markus Groll on behalf of IFMA’s FMCC
Thanks to the FMCC Sponsors:
- Presenting a webinar: ask Ricardo Crepaldi and Graham Constable
- Publishing a white paper: ask Trudy Blight
- Publishing a podcast: ask David Reynolds
- Publishing a block posting: ask Michel Theriault
- Become a member of the FMCC Social Media Team: ask Markus Groll
This post is powered by IFMA, FMCC & FMCC STAG Team. If you have any question about the FMCC STAG Team or sponsorship opportunities drop a line to David Reynolds or Markus Groll. Also note our upcoming events @ https://fmcc.ifma.org/events/upcoming-Events