Webinar review: “ An American in Paris – A Guide to European Real Estate ”
Friday, February 6th, 2015
Recorded on February 5th, 2015
Slides will be available soon in the members area on the FMCC website
Date: February 5th, 2015
Time: 1:00 – 2:00 PM Eastern Time Zone (USA)
Often client real estate portfolio managers only have experience in managing transactions in the domestic market. When their company wants to grow internationally, they may mistakenly believe that what has worked in the U.S. is what works in Europe.
This session will provide information and proven strategies to ensure that the profile manager successfully conducts business in European markets. Strategy discussions will center around lease structures, negotiation tactics and commission agreements. The presentation will break down current conditions in major markets and provide tips to take advantage where leverage is favorable. The presentation will end with understanding basic differences in workplace environments to appeal to the European worker.
Speakers will include Mark Ellis, experienced international portfolio manager along with a European broker with experience in a variety of markets.
- Understand the basic differences between the USA and European markets with regard to real estate transactions
2. Examine the different commission agreement structures with European brokers (i.e., Who pays commissions and how do you keep agent allegiance in the proper place?)
3. Look at current conditions in several key European markets
4. Provide guidance to client real estate profile managers on how to craft a competitive workplace in a European market.
Follow FMCC on social media:
Mark has managed global real estate portfolios and facility operations in over 40 locations around the world. Through his handling of over 100 real estate transactions, he has succeeded a majority of the time, but has failed many times as well. He hopes that you will be able to avoid his to learn from his experiences as you manage real estate business in different locales around the world and build work environments that maximize productivity, inspire collaboration, and heighten the employee and customer experience.
Olivier has been delivering real estate projects within the whole EMEA for the past 7 years. Focusing on Corporates clients including numerous American based companies, he is running a large range of projects from strategic consulting to project management including transactional assignments.
The webinar was brought to you by Markus Groll on behalf of IFMA’s FMCC
Thanks to the FMCC Sponsors:
- Presenting a webinar: ask Ricardo Crepaldi and Graham Constable
- Publishing a white paper: ask Trudy Blight
- Publishing a podcast: ask David Reynolds
- Publishing a block posting: ask Michel Theriault
- Become a member of the FMCC Social Media Team: ask Markus Groll
This post is powered by IFMA, FMCC & FMCC STAG Team. If you have any question about the FMCC STAG Team or sponsorship opportunities drop a line to David Reynolds or Markus Groll. Also note our upcoming events @ https://fmcc.ifma.org/events/upcoming-Events