World FM Day 2017: with Bo Mitchell “The Fatal Flaws in Your Workplace’s Active Shooter Response"
Wednesday, April 26th, 2017
Date / Time:
- New York City: 18.05.2017, 14:00 (2pm)
- Houston: 18.05.2017, 13:00 (1pm)
- UTC: 18.05.2017, 18:00 (6pm)
[su_icon icon=”icon: twitter” background=”#e8e8e8″ color=”#55acee” text_color=”#55acee” margin=”0″ url=”https://twitter.com/IFMAFMCC”][/su_icon] [su_icon icon=”icon: globe” background=”#e8e8e8″ color=”#060590″ margin=”0″ url=”http://fmcc-workplace.com/contact”][/su_icon][su_icon icon=”icon: university” background=”#e8e8e8″ color=”#E30613″ margin=”0″ url=”https://fmcc.ifma.org”][/su_icon] [su_icon icon=”icon: youtube” background=”#e8e8e8″ color=”#E30613″ text_color=”#55acee” margin=”0″ url=”https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOMVE5Q58fo_yBfNAxKWylQ”][/su_icon][su_icon icon=”icon: facebook-square” background=”#e8e8e8″ color=”#2175b5″ text_color=”#55acee” margin=”0″ url=”https://www.facebook.com/groups/IFMA.FMCC”][/su_icon]
See the entire program here
#IFMAFMCC #WorldFMDay 2017 #LiveSlot1737 by Bo Mitchell
“The Fatal Flaws in Your Workplace’s Active Shooter Response” live from USA
The deadly phase of an active shooter in your workplace is over in the first four to eight minutes, statistically before the police can arrive and deploy. This means your employees are the first responders. An active shooter incident will unfold at lightning speed in terrifying conditions. The fatal flaw: your current response does not address the lethal first four to eight minutes for your employees to respond and your emergency team to take command. Another flaw: How you’re required to work with law enforcement once they deploy at your facility.
FBI and NYPD report that Active Shooter incidents have quadrupled in 2013-16 versus the previous five-year’ average. 70% of Active Shooters are in workplaces versus campuses. 3 people die and 3+ are injured in the average Active Shooter incident. Active shooters strike companies, high rises, healthcare, factories and malls as well as campuses. Your response is dramatically different at each site. This presentation will turn very tactical. If you’re easily offended or nauseous, don’t register. You will learn how to create plans and procedures and how to train your emergency team and rank-and-file employees.
- What are the fatal flaws in your current response and training.
- How do you prepare for tactical response?
- How do you train employees re your tactical response?
- What are the laws and regulations applicable to our planning and training?
- What are the larger causes of these lethal events in your workplace?
- What is our liability exposure doing this right? For not doing it at all?
CEM, CPP, CHS-V, CBCP, CSI-ML, HSEEP, CNTA, IAC, MOAB, CHSP, CHEP, CSHM, CESCO, CHCM, CFC, CIPS, CSSM, CSC, CAS, TFCT3, CERT, CHSEMR, CMC
Bo Mitchell was Police Commissioner of Wilton, CT for 16 years. He retired in February 2001 to found 911 Consulting which creates emergency, disaster recovery, business continuity, crisis communications and pandemic plans, plus training and exercises for organizations like GE HQ, Hyatt HQ, MasterCard HQ, four colleges and universities plus 25 secondary schools. He serves clients headquartered from Boston to LA working in their facilities from London to San Francisco. Bo has earned 23 certifications in homeland security, emergency management, disaster recovery, business continuity, safety and security. He also serves as an expert in landmark court cases nationally.
Bo has earned certifications in a broad array of skills with a great depth of training:
- CEM* Certified Emergency Manager by International Association of Emergency Managers.
- CPP* Certified Protection Professional by ASIS International (American Society for Industrial Security).
- CHS-V* Certified, Homeland Security-Level 5 by American Board/Certified Homeland Security.
- CBCP* Certified Business Continuity Professional by Disaster Recovery Institute International.
- CSI-ML: Certified Safety Instructor-Master Level by World Safety Organization.
- HSEEP* Homeland Security Exercise & Evaluation Program: Trained 24-Hour Practitioner by FEMA.
- CNTA: Certified in National Threat Analyst by American Board/Certified Homeland Security.
- IAC: Intelligence Analyst Certified by American Board of Intelligence Analysts.
- MOAB* Managing Violent & Aggressive Behavior Certified Trainer by MOAB International.
- CHSP* Certified Healthcare Safety Professional by Board of Certified Hazard Control Management.
- CHEP* Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional by Board of Certified Hazard Control Management.
- CSHM* Certified Safety & Health Manager by Institute for Safety and Health Management.
- CESCO: Certified Environmental and Safety Compliance Officer by National Registry of Environmental Professionals.
- CHCM* Certified Hazard Control Manager by Board of Certified Hazard Control Management.
- CFC* Certified Forensic Consultant by American College of Forensic Examiners International.
- CIPS* Certified Infrastructure Protection Specialist by National Registry of Environmental Professionals.
- CSSM* Certified in Security Supervision and Management by International Foundation of Protection Officers.
- CSC: Certified Security Consultant by International Association of Professional Security Consultants.
- CAS: Certified Anti-Terrorism Specialist by Anti-Terrorism Accreditation Board.
- TFCT3: Trained Field Controller, TOPOFF 3 by DHS.
- CERT: Community Emergency Response Team by FEMA.
- CHSEMR: Certified Homeland Security Emergency Medical Response by American Board/Certified Homeland Security.
- CMC* Certified Management Consultant by Institute of Management Consultants.
The Session is proudly presented by
World FM Day 2017 – The FMCC Event Team:
Ondrej Strup, IFMA Fellow – FMCC Board Member as Secretary
Teena Shouse, IFMA Fellow – FMCC Baord Member as President-Elect
David Reynolds – FMCC STAG 1st Co-Chair and Podcast & Audio Coordinator
Joshua Amos – Component Liaison at IFMA
Markus Groll – FMCC Board Member as 1st Vice President & STAG Liaison
Stephen Brown – Past FMCC Membership Coordinator
Thanks to the FMCC Sponsors:
This post is powered by IFMA, FMCC & FMCC STAG Team. If you have any question about the FMCC STAG Team or sponsor opportunities drop a line to Markus Groll or David Reynolds and also note our upcoming events @ https://fmcc.ifma.org/events/upcoming-Events