IFMA FMCC Webinar Review: Emergency Planning, Risk Management and Business Continuity, A Program of Up to Date Knowledge for FM Leaders
Friday, January 20th, 2017
Date: Thu, January 19, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CST
Emergency Planning, Risk Management and Business Continuity, A Program of Up to Date Knowledge for FM Leaders
Presenter Stephen Brown writes: “In the performance of FM consultations and facilitating training programs, I am often reminded how many businesses are unprepared to respond to emergencies. Too often, there are mistaken assumptions.”
“We’re insured; what else could we need?”
“It’s someone else’s responsibility.”
“What are the odds that a catastrophe could affect this business?”
These comments, and many more are pervasive from the C-Suite down to the Facility Management office. The views exist because statistics show that most businesses probably will not experience a catastrophic disaster. But when an incident occurs, it doesn’t have to be a major incident to have shattering results to the business. Interruption, disruption, loss of customers, and much more can prove even more devastating to the business. There are a significant number of companies that never quite recover.
- Understand the differences between Risk Management and Business Continuity – gaining a greater perspective of BC Management.
- Overview the diverse risks that can challenge the business enterprise and guiding you toward identifying the risk tolerance for the business.
- Appreciate the point where a disruption or inconvenience becomes a challenge to the function and viability of an enterprise.
- Learn what options exist for mitigation and what preparations can be incorporated to recover from an incident.
- Uncover outside support structures that can help you minimize the risks and impacts if an event occurs.STEPHEN BROWN, CFM, FMP, SFP, CPE, MBCP, CBCP, REM, CESCO, Managing Director, FM-adviso, Inc., brings 25 years of managing the built environment for both private and public sector organizations. Brown founded FM-adviso to provide specialist Facility Management credentials and knowledge training, and to provide specialist consulting on operational and staffing efficiencies, environmental matters, risk and business continuity management, outsourcing, policies and procedures for FM.